Metropolitan College Policy
A complete undergraduate application for admission must include:
- A completed Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Official transcripts from high school or GED
- Undergraduate Transfer Student Status Report Form (only for schools attended in the US within the last three years)
- Official transcript(s) from each college attended
- A completed personal statement
- A nonrefundable $80 application fee for undergraduate degrees
Applicants for master’s degree programs and certificates must hold a bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent from an accredited institution.
A complete graduate application for admission must include:
- A completed Application for Graduate Admission (online application preferred)
- Three letters of recommendation. It is required that one be an academic reference if you graduated or engaged in post-graduate education in the past three years.
- A self-evaluation (short essay discussing your motivation for study)
- A current résumé
- Official transcript(s) from each college and graduate school attended
- A nonrefundable $85 application fee for master’s degree programs and $25 application fee for certificate programs
To allow for processing time, applicants requiring student visas must submit completed application materials and International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) forms at least six weeks prior to the start of the semester. Applicants whose native language is not English, and who have not received a degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is English, should submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score.
The ETS TOEFL institution code for Boston University Metropolitan College Graduate Programs is 3087.
International applicants must submit the following materials:
- Score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International Student Data Form
- Authorized financial statement from a bank (original, shown in US dollars)
- Copy of current I-20 and I-94, both sides (if applicable)
- Letter of financial support from sponsor (firm, government, parents, etc.)
- Notarized English translations of all documents not in English
In certain cases, the Admissions Committee may request an international applicant to submit official scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). Use institutional code 3087.