Metropolitan College Policy
A complete undergraduate application for admission must include:
- A completed Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Official transcripts from high school or GED
- Official transcript(s) from each college attended
- A completed personal statement
- A nonrefundable $80 application fee for undergraduate degrees
- SAT/ACT exams are not required
- Metropolitan College does not issue visas to international students for full-time on-campus study in undergraduate programs (degree or nondegree)
Applicants for master’s degree programs and certificates must have an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution prior to enrollment.
A complete graduate application for admission must include:
- A completed Application for Graduate Admission.
- Transcript(s) from each college and graduate school attended. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded to your application. Official transcripts will be required upon matriculation.
- Two letters of recommendation. It is required that one be an academic reference if you graduated or engaged in postgraduate education in the past three years.
- A personal statement (short essay of 200–500 words discussing your motivation for study).
- A current résumé/CV.
- A nonrefundable application fee ($85 for master’s degree application, $25 for graduate certificate applications).
International Graduate Applicants
Applicants whose native language is not English, and who have not received a degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is English, should submit an English Proficiency Exam score (TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo). For more information, visit MET’s English Proficiency page.
After being offered admission to a program, international applicants must submit the following materials by MET’s I-20 processing deadlines:
- Score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International Student Data Form
- Authorized financial statement from a bank (original, shown in US dollars)
- Copy of current I-20 and I-94, both sides (if applicable)
- Letter of financial support from sponsor (firm, government, parents, etc.)
- Notarized English translations of all documents not in English