Join the outpatient Rehabilitation Therapies Department at Boston Medical Center from 1:30-3:30...
The New England Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center (NERSCIC) has developed a long and distinguished history of care, research, education, and service to people with spinal cord injury (SCI) in the New England region. NERSCIC Network headquarters is located at the Boston University Medical Campus, with Network members Gaylord Hospital and Hospital for Special Care located in CT.
The NERSCIC Network serves as an advocate and resource for patients; their families, friends, and caregivers; and health care professionals throughout New England. Our goal is to improve the health and function of people with SCI throughout the lifespan through innovative science and technology in three areas:
1. Consumer-focused Rehabilitation Research, which focuses on topics for people with SCI, such as health care self advocacy training, better ways to measure functioning, and which wheelchairs have the most breakdowns. Learn more about how to participate in studies.
2. Comprehensive, State-of-the-Art Care
- NERSCIC offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient SCI care available through Gaylord Hospital and the Hospital for Special Care in CT.
- NERSCIC is leading the development and dissemination of a uniform New England Standard of Care (NESoC) for SCI, a first-ever collaborative effort among area facilities with SCI expertise. Its goal is to enhance learning opportunities for professionals and ensure that all people receive the same level of care throughout New England.
3. Education and Collaboration
- In 2012, NERSCIC unveiled a new Consumer Education Program called “Knowledge in Motion,” in partnership with Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital and modeled after the Stepping Forward- Staying Informed program pioneered by NERSCIC.
- The Rehabilitation Research Roundtable joins together leaders of the local SCI community to collaborate on a common research and corresponding service and advocacy agenda.
Read more about NERSCIC in the Programs and Service Brochure