Reach Summer Dance Apprenticeship Program
Boston University Department of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance
- Dates: June 29 – July 31, 2020*
- June 29 — July 17: Monday – Friday | 9 am — 2 pm
- July 20 — July 31: Monday – Friday |8 am — 2 pm
- Grade Level: Students entering 8th through 12th grade in Fall 2020
Under the guidance of professional dancers and college interns, sixteen teen-age apprentices will create a 45-minute dance performance and go “on tour” to day camps in the Greater Boston area. Students hone their technical, performance, and choreographic skills during the first three weeks; for the next two weeks, the “company” performs and leads workshops at a dozen Philanthropy Massachusetts Summer Fund sites.
In addition, there are master classes, an evening performance for the public, and an informational session on preparing for college admission. Scholarships are available. Admission is by audition and recommendation.
For more information, visit the Reach Summer Dance Apprenticeship Program website.
* Reach is a 5 week program; the last 2 weeks of the program start 1 hour earlier