To ensure proper handling of interdepartmental mail, please follow these basic guidelines:
- Use the special, reusable manila interdepartmental envelopes available from your stationery supplier. Mail Services sometimes has a supply of used envelopes which we can recycle to you.
- Cross out all previous markings on the envelope so that the name of the intended recipient is clearly identifiable
- Interdepartmental mail should include the recipient’s full name, department, and building address
- Separate interdepartmental mail from U.S. mail and international mail by bundling it with rubber or paper bands
- Call Campus Mail (Charles River Campus) at (617-353-2156) if you have a large mailing which requires a special pick-up or must be expedited for next-day delivery
- Call Bulk Mail (617-353-9724) for information about our services for assembling and addressing envelopes, flyers, and notices
Interdepartmental Mail Delivery to Special Locations
Mail Services also makes deliveries to special University locations listed below. All correspondence should be bundled by the delivery address.
- Barnes & Noble at BU, 660 Beacon Street
- Boston University at 930 Commonwealth Avenue
- Boston University Dental Health Center, 930 Commonwealth Avenue
- Boston University at 1010 Commonwealth Avenue
- Boston University Medical Campus
- Boston Medical Center, One Boston Medical Center Place