International Travel Assistance Services
All Boston University employees traveling outside the USA on Boston University business are covered for the following Travel Assistance services:
- Medical Emergencies
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
- Hospital Admission Deposit
- Medical Monitoring
- Dispatch of a Doctor or Specialist
- Emergency Political Evacuation Services
- Personal and Legal Assistance Services
- Pre-Trip Medical Referral Information
- Emergency Medication Arrangements and Transportation
- Embassy and Consular Information
- Lost Document Assistance
- Emergency Cash Advance
- Translators and Interpreters
- Online Security Information
These “Executive Assistance Services” detailed above are provided by ACE, the University’s insurance carrier for foreign exposures. Since these services are already built into Boston University’s insurance program, employees traveling internationally on University business should not have to purchase emergency medical evacuation coverage.
- Click here to print detailed information on these services and how to access these services. Note that employees traveling to a foreign country can log onto the ACE website shown on the top of page 2 using the User ID and Password provided. They will be able to obtain updated country-specific reports on health and security. The security updates are provided by iJET Intelligent Risk Systems.
- Click here to print a document that can be folded into a wallet size card that summarizes the services and provides the necessary contact information.
- Click here for information on the Travel Assistance Mobile App.
One final note: Be aware that this program with ACE is not providing medical coverage. It provides services that complement each employee’s individual medical coverage for items that are not covered in a standard health insurance policy.