The BU ADC organizes a monthly lecture series that features presentations from experts in a range of disciplines related to Alzheimer’s disease, including local, national and international leaders in the field.
Lectures will either be held at BU School of Medicine, 72 East Concord Street or the VA Hospital, 150 South Huntington Ave, on a Wednesday from noon until 1:00pm. Room assignments are below.
Fall 2015 Lecture Series Schedule
- October 14th, 2015 – Dr. Lee Goldstein, “Understanding the Neurobehavioral and Neuropathological Effects of Blast-and Impact-Induced Traumatic Brain Injury Using Mouse Models.” PDF
* Please note this lecture will be held at the VA Hospital, 150 South Huntington Ave
- Rescheduled for December 16th, 2015 – Dr. Ann McKee, Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy: What We know Now. PDF * Please note this lecture will be held at Boston University Medical School, 72 East Concord St, Room R115
Spring 2016 Lecture Series Schedule
- Thursday, January 14th 10am-11am - Dr. Jesse Mez, Using Clinical Insights to Inform Genetic Studies of Dementing Illnesses.
- Wednesday, February 3rd, 12pm-1pm – Dr. Neil Kowall, The Role of Sirtuins in Alzheimer’s Disease Pathogenesis. The lecture will be held at VA Boston Health Care System| 150 South Huntington Ave, Boston, MA| Basement Conference Room, BD-112L-AB. Event Flyer
- Wednesday, March 9th, 12pm-1pm – Guest Speaker: Dr. Viji Ravindranath, Topic: TBD, Boston University Medical School, 72 East Concord St, Room L311
- Wednesday, May 25th, 12pm-1pm – Dr. Carmela Abraham, Topic: TBD, The lecture will be held at VA Boston Health Care System| 150 South Huntington Ave, Boston, MA| Basement Conference Room, BD-112L-AB
For information about upcoming speakers and presentation topics, please e-mail the Education Core at email@example.com