Continuing Students

Continuing Students

Effective August 1, 2021, federal law requires all VA benefit recipients (Ch. 30, 31, 33, 35, 1606) to complete a Certification Request Form before each semester in order to process VA education benefits.

If possible, please finalize your enrollment before sending your Certification Request Form each semester. However, Boston University recognizes the importance of building a schedule that supports your success. If you drop and/or add classes at any time during the semester after your initial request, please send a new Certification Request Form listing all added or dropped courses to ensure your benefits are not delayed.

Students are required to submit a Certification Request Form for any enrollment changes during a semester that they use VA benefits. If you have questions please email

Military Tuition Assistance students are not required to complete the Certification Request Form unless they are using VA education benefits with TA. Per credit tuition rates, as prescribed by the Department of Defense (DoD), by academic program are posted here.

If you have specific questions about your VA eligibility you may contact the VA directly at 1-888-442-4551. Questions about Military Tuition Assistance should be directed to your unit/company’s Education Liaison Officer/Education Approval Officer.

If you have questions about how your benefits apply at Boston University, please email or call 617-353-3678.