- Title Professor Emerita
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education EdD, Harvard University
My research focuses on the impact of poverty and inequality on individual mental health and family functioning, the ways adults and children make sense of poverty, wealth, and economic inequality, and the stresses that arise at the intersection of paid employment and family life. I am interested in gender differences in social behavior and teach courses on social psychology, the psychology of women, and the psychology of families.
- Belle, D. (Ed.) (1982). Lives in stress: Women and depression. Beverly Hills: Sage.
- Belle, D. (Ed.) (1989). Children’s social networks and social supports. New York: John Wiley
- Belle, D. (1999). The after-school lives of children: Alone and with others while parents work. Mahwah, NH: Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc.