All BU students
Rolling – apply anytime!
About The Program
Project Action is a self-paced program that empowers you to be a changemaker for good by creating a project that will have a positive impact on your community.
Because it’s self-paced, this program is perfect for busy students to develop their entrepreneurial mindset, project management, fundraising, and networking skills – all while gaining leadership experience and making a tangible difference in the world.
By joining the Project Action, you’ll get:
- Individualized coaching
- Curated resources that will help take the mystery out of project planning
- the opportunity to pitch for up to $3,000 in funding
- And more!
Creating a venture is not a requirement.
Project Action is for you if:
- ✅ You’re ready to make a positive difference in the world but need help taking the first step
- ✅ Your idea is a project – it has a limited scope with start and end dates
- ✅ You want individual coaching to help make your project a success
- ✅ You’re a current BU student (all schools, colleges, and majors welcome!)
Project Action is NOT for you if:
- ❌ Your idea involves a sustainable business model like a social venture or nonprofit organization. (Check out the Innovation Pathway if this is you)
- ❌ You have not completed at least 10 conversations with intended beneficiaries, stakeholders, and/or users of the project. (This is called the customer discovery process. Check out this guide to help you get started.)
- ❌ You don’t have an idea for a project yet (Want one? Click here!)
The Application Process
- Submit an application
- We’ll set up a 30-minute discussion to learn more about your idea, determine if you are ready to enter this program or if a different program is a better fit, and discuss next steps.
- Once accepted, you will be provided curated learning resources for your project planning and paired with a BUild Lab Coach, who will meet with you regularly to help you make progress