The BUild Lab entrance is looking for color, fun, and innovation!
Are you a BU student or alumni with mural experience? Submit a mural proposal for the BUild Lab’s entrance at 730 Commonwealth Avenue.
Call for Art:
Location: BUild Lab, 730 Commonwealth Avenue; Brick wall; entrance hallway
Size: 8.6 feet x 8.6 feet
Innovate@BU is seeking submissions from student artists for a mural covering an 8.6” x 8.6” section of the BUild Lab’s brick wall entrance. The project is part Innovate@BU’s ongoing effort to create an inviting and inspiring environment for students to develop new ideas of all kinds.
The theme of the design is up to the artist (or artist team) but should:
- reflect on the mission and vision of Innovate@BU and the BUild Lab
- incorporates a quote or message that welcomes and encourages students from all schools, colleges, disciplines, and backgrounds
- consider the wall’s brick texture and surrounding environment (floor and wall decals)
- incorporate some or all of Innovate@BU’s brand colors found here
The selected artist(s):
- must be a current BU student or a BU alumni
- must be available to meet with Innovate@BU staff at the completion of the project for a short interview and photos
- must be available to paint/install the mural during the summer or early in the fall semester
- may be required to consider design changes to be approved by the Innovate@BU staff and BU Facilities
Budget: The all-inclusive payment for this project is up to $2,000. Submissions should include a proposed budget for the entirety of the project (labor and materials). The budget will be finalized with the chosen artist.
Please include the following in an email to email@example.com by Friday, April 3, 2020.
- Name, email, BU affiliation and graduation year
- Theme of the proposal and brief summary of the theme (2-3 sentences)
- Budget up to $2,000
- Link to portfolio or images of previous similar works
- Supporting documents:
- Design sketches or mock-ups
- Images of previous work if not included in portfolio link