Table of Contents
Appointments & Promotions
Policies governing issues of appointment, tenure, and promotion are included here.
- Appointment and Continuance of Appointments for Full-Time Faculty/Medical Campus
- Appointment and Reappointment of Faculty/Charles River Campus
- Appointment of Deans
- Classification of Ranks & Titles
- Evaluation of Faculty Performance
- Promotions on the Medical Campus
- Selection of Chairs on the Charles River Campus
- Selection of Department Chairs on the Medical Campus
- Tenure and Promotion on the Charles River Campus
Ethics and Activities
Policies covering a range of ethical issues and faculty activities are included here.
- Academic Freedom
- Access to Electronic Information Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Copyright Policy
- External Professional Activity
- Faculty Involvement in University Digital Courses
- Gift Policy
- Institutional Conflicts of Interest in Research Policy
- Intellectual Property Policy
- Investigator Financial Conflicts Of Interest Policy For Research
- Misconduct in Scholarship and Research
- Policy on Computing Ethics
Human Resources Policies
Policies covering workplace issues for faculty are included in this section.
- Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
- Grievance Procedure
- Pay Transparency Policy
- Sexual Misconduct Policies and Procedures
- Suspension or Termination for Cause
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
Leaves & Absences
Policies covering leaves and absences in a variety of situations are included here.
- Faculty Retirement and Emeritus Status
- Faculty Personal and Family Leave Policies
- Program Discontinuation & Consequent Faculty Terminations
- Sabbaticals & Leaves of Absence
Constitution of the BU Faculty Assembly and Faculty Council
These documents govern the proceedings of the Boston University Faculty Assembly and Faculty Council.
Constitution of the Boston University Council
This document governs the conduct of the Boston University Council.
Charters and Statutes
These are the founding documents of Boston University.
- Acts of 1869, Ch. 322
- Acts of 1871, Ch.151
- Acts of 1890, Ch. 76
- Acts of 1907, Ch. 484
- Acts of 1935, Ch. 166
These documents outline the governance of Boston University.