Call for Internship Applications
Internship Opportunities with the Global Fund’s Access to Funding Department
There are two internship opportunities in the Access to Funding Department at the Global Fund Secretariat, Geneva, Switzerland, starting January 2017.
Data management intern: Maintain quality inputs to department tracking database, liaising with multiple teams in the department to source information. Analyze data and produce/update charts and standard reports and respond to ad hoc data requests. Coordinate production of surveys, collecting responses, aggregating data and generating recommendations. Prepare dashboards for executive body to support decision-making. Support maintenance of database to capture information on allocation and grant amounts and key timing milestones in the funding cycle.
Governance support intern: Provide support to the production of Secretariat documentation to assist senior management and an independent review body as they assess funding applications and grants. Take minutes, prepare PowerPoint presentations, synthesize outcomes. Identify lessons learned, issues for follow up, and analyze policy and operational implications of key decisions. Contribute to regular reporting to the Board by tracking and reporting on key metrics for each applicant or grant. Ensure extranets for external partners are up to date. Provide troubleshooting assistance as required.
How the intern can benefit from the internship:
– Obtain experience gathering information from various sources and quickly creating professional-quality, publication-ready products.
– Gain knowledge and understanding of the funding process of the Global Fund in a practical, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
– Be given opportunities to learn new skills, and further develop and apply skills and knowledge acquired through existing qualifications and studies.
– Receive CHF 2,000 per month stipend for full-time internship.
– Ability to process information from a variety of sources quickly and synthesize clear and concise communications.
– Proficiency in Excel.
– Self-motivated, detail oriented and delivers on time.
– Ability to work in an environment with people from a variety of multicultural backgrounds.
– Available full time or near full time for a six-month period, with a start date of 09 January 2016.
Desirable additional qualifications:
– Good working knowledge of French or Spanish or Russian.
– High level of expertise in PowerPoint
How to apply:
– Email your CV and a one-page cover letter to A2Finternship@theglobalfund.org with the subject line “Internship application: [type of internship]” before midnight Geneva time on 15 November, 2016.
– In your letter, explain clearly the skills, experiences and characteristics that make you especially suited to this type of internship opportunity. Clearly indicate which internship you are applying for.
– Must be a minimum 20 years old on commencement of the internship.
– Must be currently studying or has completed their studies in the last year.
– Cannot be related to a Global Fund staff member.
– If applying from Switzerland, must be in possession of a valid work permit or valid work visa on the start date of the internship. If applying from outside Switzerland, ability to travel to a Swiss consulate to apply for visa (candidates selected will be provided with a visa support letter).