We will be offering fall flu clinics for the 2023-2024 flu season by appointment only. Flu shot clinics will be held on the CRC and BUMC for faculty and staff beginning October 10th. The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) continues to strongly recommend that everyone ages six months and older receive their seasonal flu vaccine each year. For more information on the flu shot, please visit MDPH or CDC.
Flu Clinic Locations and Times:
Charles River Campus Flu Clinics – FitRec First Floor Gym at 915 Commonwealth Ave (Enter at Buick Street Entrance)
- Wednesday, 11/1, 9 AM – 3 PM
- Thursday, 11/2, 9 AM – 3 PM
- Friday, 11/3, 9 AM – 3 PM
- Wednesday, 11/15, 9 AM – 3 PM
- Thursday, 11/16, 9 AM – 3 PM
- Friday, 11/17, 9 AM – 3 PM
Medical Campus Flu Clinic – 14th Floor Room 1407 (Hiebert Lounge) at 72 East Concord Street
- Tuesday 10/10, 9 AM – 3 PM
- Wednesday 10/11, 9 AM – 3 PM
- Thursday 10/12, 9 AM – 3 PM
Instructions on how to schedule:
- Please log into the Occupational Health Connect Portal to schedule your appointment.
- Once you log in, navigate to the My Appointments tab and select your desired date and time to receive your Influenza vaccine.
- You will receive an email confirmation with the date, time and location of your appointment.
If no locations are available to choose from, then the schedule is fully booked.
What you need to know:
- Please allow for up to 15 minutes for your appointment from your scheduled appointment time
- Complete your “Authorization for Influenza Vaccination” form, located in your message center prior to your arrival to the clinic
- Bring your BU Employee ID
- Wearing a face mask is recommended at the clinics
- Wear loose clothes with sleeves that roll up to your shoulder / layers that are easy to remove for vaccine administration
Please do not come to the appointment if you’re exhibiting any of the following symptoms: Fever, sore throat, cough not related to chronic condition, runny/stuffy/congested nose not associated with a chronic condition, difficulty breathing/shortness of breath not related to asthma, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, headache not related to chronic condition, fatigue, muscle aches, loss of taste and/or smell, foot sores, or body rash.
Is there any cost to employees?
- Flu vaccines will be administered to employees for no additional cost.
If you have any questions regarding the vaccine or clinic schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-353-6630.
Please see below for off campus sites to get your flu shot:
Off-campus near the Charles River Campus (CRC):
- CVS 900 Commonwealth Ave.
- Osco Pharmacy in Star Market 1065 Commonwealth Ave.
- CVS 1249 Boylston St.
- CVS 1341 Boylston St.
- CVS 294 Harvard St.
- CVS 1322 Beacon St.
Off-campus near the Medical Campus (BUMC):
- Walgreens 1603 Washington St.
- CVS 874 Harrison Ave.
- CVS 725 Albany St.
- CVS 341 Harrison Ave.
- CVS 780 Albany St.
- Walgreens 841 Boylston St.