The combination of academic work, field trips, and personal travel opportunities gives students a rich introduction to New Zealand life and culture. Students will directly enroll at the University of Auckland and take four elective courses that depend on their specific field. All program participants enjoy access to university facilities, sports and social activities for an additional fee.
Requirements & Considerations
- All students must enroll according to, and remain in compliance with, the Boston University Study Abroad Course Load Policy.
- The University of Auckland's admissions criteria require study abroad students to have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Students with a GPA of 2.8 or 2.9 may be considered on a case by case basis and should contact BU Study Abroad before applying.
- Before applying to this program, BU engineering students must follow the College of Engineering’s instructions for juniors applying to study abroad.
- Admissions requirements for all programs.
The Fall Semester runs for approximately 18 weeks from early-July to mid-November. Students enroll in four elective courses from University of Auckland’s Semester Two course selection.
The Spring Semester runs for approximately 18 weeks from late February to late June. Students enroll in four electives from University of Auckland’s Semester One course selection.
Students enroll in four elective courses from The University of Auckland. For course information, please visit the University of Auckland Course Options page.
University of Auckland Study Options
- Art & Architecture
- Computer Science
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Health & Human Services
Housing & Student Services
- The cost of housing is not included in the program fee and is paid directly to the University of Auckland by the student.
- Students will live in one of University of Auckland's residence halls.
- Housing includes optional meal plans; Resident Adviser onsite support; communal dining room, kitchen, music room and study rooms; Wi-Fi access, laundry, and membership to the University Recreation centre.
- Fall Semester: early July to mid November
- Spring Semester: late February to late June
- Fall Semester: March 15
- Spring Semester: September 15
This program is rolling admissions; applications are reviewed once all application materials are received, prior to all deadlines. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received by the BU Study Abroad office. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible as some programs and internship tracks have limited space and may fill up before the deadline. Submitting a complete application prior to the application deadline, does not guarantee acceptance. Students will be emailed an admissions decision within three weeks of a completed application.
Information for BU Students Awaiting an Admissions Decision and exceptions to the standard admission calendar for all students can be found here.
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2023/2024 Tuition & Fees: $32,144
- Cost includes tuition, administrative fee, overseas medical insurance and emergency evacuation coverage.
- Budget sheet, including cost of living expenses.
- Grants and Scholarships available