Did You Win?
And two tickets to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire go to…
Almost 200 people entered yesterday’s Hunger Games trivia contest for two free tickets to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire tonight at AMC Loews Boston Common 19. When the contest closed at 3 p.m., 139 had answered all of the questions correctly, which earned them a place in a random drawing. That, in turn, was won by Dominic Dagostino (CFA’14).
Here are the questions, and the correct answers, with a warning to those who haven’t read the books—there are spoilers below.
- What is the main trade in District 4, home of Finnick Odair?
- What number Hunger Games takes place in this book?
- Why does Romulus Thread whip Gale?
Gale poached a wild turkey.
- How did Haymitch win the 50th Hunger Games?
Haymitch used the arena’s force field to deflect the axe back at his last opponent. When she died, he became the victor.
- What is an avox unable to do?
The avox does not have a tongue, and is therefore unable to speak.
- Which district does Katniss witness rebelling on Mayor Undersee’s television?
- Whose name does Katniss write on the dummy she hangs during a private session with the gamemakers?
Seneca Crane, the head gamemaker of the 74th Hunger Games, who died after crowning both Katniss and Peta the victors.
- What is the purpose of a spile?
It can be tapped into trees to draw out sap and drinking water.
- Who tells Katniss that the arena is shaped like a clock?
We accepted both Wireress and Plutarch Heavensbee. While Wireress constantly says “Tick tock” to Katniss, Plutarch Heavensbee tries to give her a hint during the Victory Tour by showing her his mockingjay watch.
- What happens to District 12 at the end of the book?
It is bombed and destroyed by the Capitol.