This meeting will bring together approximately 40 leaders in the fields of computing, engineering, mathematical sciences, and health to chart promising new directions for smart health, especially as health becomes embedded within connected communities. The meeting will also include medical doctors and researchers who can provide a perspective on emerging trends in medicine and key challenges SCH research can help meet. An important part of the agenda is to provide input to NSF as it works to plan the next phase of the SCH program and identify key areas ripe for innovation in the transdisciplinary Smart and Connected Health space.
Participants to the visioning meeting are also invited to attend the PI Meeting.
- Bill Adams, Boston Medical Center
- Dimitris Bertsimas, MIT
- Christos Cassandras, Boston University
- Andrea Grimes-Parker, Northeastern University
- Santosh Kumar, University of Memphis
- Wendy Nilsen, NSF
- Yannis Paschalidis, (Chair), Boston University