2011: CISE Awards at BU Science & Engineering Day – March 23
Celebrate CISE Student Research
In conjunction with the BU Science & Engineering Symposium on Wed., March 23rd, the Center for Information and Systems Engineering celebrates CISE graduate student research with the 8th annual CISE awards. This year, the CISE First Prize Award ($500) will be given on March 23 at 4 pm by President Brown along with the other main awards. CISE Honorable Mention winners will be announced subsequently.
Students should prepare a visually appealing and succinct poster that effectively communicates the research problem, techniques, results, and what is novel and important about the work.
Award criteria include research quality (depth and development of research ideas, and novelty and broad impact of the work), the extent of student ownership in the research, and presentation quality.
Posters will be judged by: CISE affiliated faculty- Professors Baillieul (ME), Crovella (CS), Paschalidis (ECE), Trachtenberg (ECE), Vakili (ME) and Wang (ME). SE Visiting Committee members- Professor Y. C. Ho (Harvard University- School of Engineering & Applied Sciences), Dimitris Bertsimas (MIT-Sloan School of Managment).
Spread the word to your CISE student colleagues! We look forward to seeing your work on March 23rd.
Professors David Castañon and Yannis Paschalidis
CISE eligibility rules:
1. All graduate students whose advisor is affiliated with the Center are eligible to enter. Click here to see a list of Current affiliated faculty.
2. By February 28, students MUST register at the University web site. Please also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: CISE Awards. Include your name, advisor, abstract number and title in the body of the email.
3. Students’ posters MUST display the CISE logo. For sample posters, please visit the halls in the annex of 15 St. Mary’s Street.
4. Students can use large format printers in their home departments.
5. Contact email@example.com with questions.