Welcome to CISE
The Center for Information and Systems Engineering (CISE) is a prominent interdisciplinary research center at Boston University with faculty from the College of Engineering, the College of Arts and Sciences, and the School of Management.
- Research in CISE encompasses information and data sciences and their relevance to various application domains incorporating the analysis, design, and management of complex systems.
- The Center has 39 affiliated faculty and approximately $6.6 million in annual research expenditures.
Created in 2002, CISE catalyzes research collaborations among its faculty, coordinates interactions with industry, and supports a diverse community of faculty and students. CISE-sponsored activities include a weekly seminar series, an annual student-led conference, and a Resident Scholar program. Over the years, CISE has organized numerous research symposia, workshops, and scientific meetings.
CISE faculty have made seminal contributions to a number of key areas including: control systems, optimization, and decision theory; applied probability and simulation; networking; information sciences; computational biology; service and distribution systems, energy systems, and production systems. Learn more about CISE faculty and their achievements.
- September 5-6: ERC Students’ Workshop.
- September 15 deadline: Submit a poster for the Symposium-COntrol of Network Systems (SCONES).
- September 17, 12:00pm : CISE Student Presentation Practice Session: Join your fellow students for an informal peer review presentation session. Students only.
- September 19, 4-6pm: Join us for a Welcome Back event PHO, West End Lounge. Festive fare and an opportunity to mingle with CISE colleagues.
- September 24, 12:00pm: Resume Writing Workshop. Presented by Dottie Catlin,Director, Career Development. Students Only.
- Oct 27 & 28: Symposium-COntrol of Network Systems (SCONES), Boston University, Photonics Center.