The Boston University PA Program, from which students will be conferred a Masters of Science degree, is a graduate degree program in the Boston University School of Medicine, Division of Graduate Medical Sciences.
- All prerequisite coursework must be completed in traditional classroom and laboratory settings. Online courses do not count towards prerequisite course requirements. Prerequisite courses must be completed by the October 1 application deadline in order to be considered for an interview.
- Official transcripts for completed coursework should be sent to CASPA only. Please do not send copies of completed transcripts to the PA Program, unless the program requests a copy from you directly.
- In the event that required prerequisite coursework is “in progress” at the time an application is submitted to CASPA, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that course information is updated on CASPA and official transcripts are received by the PA Program Admissions Office by October 1.
The minimum academic admission standards for the program include a bachelors degree (BA/BS/AB/SB) and the following requirements:
|General Biology or Zoology with lab||One semester|
|Human or Animal Physiology (preferably at the 300 or 400 level)||One semester|
|General Chemistry with lab||One semester|
|Organic Chemistry with lab||One semester|
|Biochemistry (preferably at the 300 or 400 level)||One semester|
|Upper level biology courses at the 300 or 400 level (or above)||3, one semester courses|
|Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
Sent to ETS code 0400
|scores above the 50th percentile|
|Science Coursework GPA||above 3.0|
- Chemistry courses should be those designated for chemistry majors rather than survey and non-degree chemistry courses.
- Physiology and Biochemistry, if taken at the 300 or 400 level, do not count towards the upper level biology course requirement.
- The Science GPA requirement of 3.0 is calculated by CASPA. There is no minimum overall GPA requirement.