Application Deadlines for Fall 2018 Admission
Generally MCBB does not accept new students for the spring semester.
*For full consideration for the MA program, applications must be received by January 15th. Late applications may also be considered if space in the cohort permits.
Note: The MCBB Program is located at the main, Charles River Campus of Boston University and is not associated with the Boston University Medical Campus. For those interested in the distinct, unaffiliated CMB program at the medical campus of Boston University, please click here for additional information.
- Three academic recommendations
- Personal statement/statement of purpose with detailed research interests included
- Official GRE General Test score report
- GRE Subject Test (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Biochemistry and Molecular Biology) [Recommended]
- Additional requirements for international students – Information for international students on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and other requirements is available on the GRS Academic Admissions page and on the International Student Applicant page.
MCBB guarantees support for five years for all PhD students, contingent on satisfactory performance in the program. This support is typically a combination of Teaching, Research, and Dean’s Fellowships.
MCBB MA students normally are not considered for financial aid (except for the Federal work-study program). If an MA student is granted a Teaching Assistantship (distinct from a Teaching Fellowship), tuition must still be paid by the student.