Library & Computer Lab
The Library provides a comprehensive reference collection containing copies of all set text and recommended readings. There is also a large collection of novels, non-fiction, and DVDs available for loan.
The main computer lab for BU London is located in the library. The lab is equipped with wireless internet, MS Office enabled PCs, and stations for 10 additional laptops. Scanning, printing and photocopying services are also available.
Location & Opening Hours
The Library is located in the basement of 43 Harrington Gardens. Please check here to see the hours.
Search the Catalogue
The library’s catalogue lists all books and DVDs available in the Library.
Students are also able to access all Boston University databases using their Kerberos logins and passwords while studying abroad
- Current list – It is essential that all students ensure they have access to the set texts assigned for each course. Here is the Set Texts list for the current semester.
- Book sales – While many are available from the Library to borrow, the remainder should be purchased by students. Blackwell‘s Bookseller’s sell both new and second hand texts at Harrington Gardens at the start of each semester. They conduct a book buy-back, at their discretion, at the end of each semester.
- Reference Collection - One print copy of all assigned readings will be found in the Reference Collection. These copies are not-for-loan and must be read in the Library
Drop in Sessions
Need help finding resources for your paper? Want to find out more about online journals?. The library is holding informal drop-in sessions for all your research queries. Come in to see one of the Librarians to find out more!
- Wednesdays (10am -12pm)
- Thursday (2pm-4pm)
Drop in sessions may cover:
- Introduction to library resources
- Finding relevant information from BU subscription resources and the internet
- Using specialist information resources, like raw data or market research databases
- Exporting references to bibliographic software
Loans and Fines
Click here to see our Loans and Fines policies.
For any queries regarding books, electronic resources or Blackboard access, please email the Library. Please note, that books may also be renewed by email providing there are no other students waiting for text.