Each of our residences are renovated 19th century Victorian buildings in the London’s beautiful Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. While in Kensington, you will be within walking distance of Hyde Park, Kensington Palace and many other major destinations. With easy access to Gloucester Road and South Kensington tube stations and bus routes 9 and 10, you will find all of London at your fingertips.
You need to be aware that:
- There is no standard room; all flats are of different sizes and configurations. Limited space and the configuration of the buildings will mean that not all preferences can be guaranteed.
- Few rooms contain desks. Students typically use the dining table or the library and common room facilities at 43 Harrington Gardens.
- Flats do not have (much storage space, so please do not over pack. You will have to carry all you own bags and comply with airline baggage allowances.
- Hot water is provided by storage tanks. Long showers are an inconvenience that will result in other students waiting for the tank to refill and for the water to re-heat.
- Most rooms are shared by 3 or 4 students.
For a slide show of our buildings, visit the Boston University Study Abroad website.
Preferences for buildings, room types and roommates are selected via your Personal page. The earlier you provide the information required by the London programme, the sooner you will be able to select your housing.
Single rooms and charges
Please note that nearly all students share rooms – often in triples and quads. We cannot guarantee a single room. If you would like to request a single please select on the housing page of your personal page or follow the instructions if none are showing.
There is a supplementary charge for all single rooms. Please see your personal page for more details.
Confirmation of your room will be available at least two weeks before you arrive on the programme. Your personal page will tell you:
- your full mailing address
- directions to your building (please print these out before you travel)
- flat and mobile telephone numbers (which you should give to friends and relatives)
- information about your chosen building and your roommates.
All maintenance problems must be reported via your personal page. Maintenance is dealt with on a priority basis and sometimes minor faults may take longer to fix than you would like.
Mail and Parcels
If you are living in any building except The Crofton, please note that your mailing address is not the same as your housing address. Instead, you will use our headquarters address. Please use the following format:
- Your Name, 43 Harrington Gardens, South Kensington, London, SW7 4JU, UK
If you are living in The Crofton, your mail should be sent using the following format:
- Your Name, The Crofton, 14 Queen’s Gate, Kensington, London, SW7 5JE, UK
Please note that if you are planning to receive or send parcels you must refer to the instructions in the Student Handbook. Failure to do so may result in your package attracting customs duty.
Be prepared to make all the adjustments you need to live with a stranger, and be prepared to compromise. You are likely going to be living with more people than ever before. This means that 10-15 people could be sharing a kitchen and 2-4 sharing a bathroom, so be prepared for communal responsibility! The cleanliness of the shared living areas will be everyone’s concern.