AID Internships in India. Applications due by 2/14!
There are open internship opportunities at the Association for India’s Development (AID), a non-profit organization that promotes sustainable, equitable and just development at grass-root level projects in India. At AID, we initiate efforts in various interconnected spheres such as education, livelihoods, natural resources including land, water and energy, agriculture, health, women’s empowerment and social justice (for more info visit us at www.aidindia.org).
The AID India Internship program provides internship opportunities in co-ordination with our partner NGOs in India every year. We encourage applicants of any discipline currently pursuing their undergraduate or graduate studies to apply. Details about the program can be found at: http://internships.aidindia.org/
What you can expect from this internship:
· An opportunity to work at the grassroots level and make a difference to the community. In many cases, interns live in the communities they intern in, thus get a full immersion into the experience.
· Hands on teaching, working to develop educational material or manuals, documentation or database development, conducting surveys, helping with set-up of stalls or publicizing the NGO (Specific projects will depend on the intern’s skill-set and the immediate needs of the Partner NGO).
· An environment where you can build your language skills; if you already know an Indian language or to pick up some basics of a new language if you don’t.
· An opportunity to blog and share your experience with the community at large through public media/ magazines/ news articles- local, national or international.
· And most importantly, lifelong friends who will cherish and appreciate your work and your impact on their well-being for a long time!
Here’s a sampling of some recent internship experiences:
John Harvey, a student from London, interned at Parichay, an informal education program for children living in slums, in summer of 2012.
Shruti and Jayasi, undergraduate students from New Delhi, spent their summer at Deepa Academy, a school for the blind.
The deadline for receiving applications for Internships is the 14th of February, 2013.
The applications will be screened on the strength of the credentials and passion of the applicant in pursing an internship at the chosen NGO.
Please visit the Apply tab on our webpage (http://internships.aidindia.org/?q=apply) to download the forms required as part of the application process. The applicant is required to submit:
1. A up-to-date resume
2. Completed Application form
3. Two Letters of Recommendation – preferably one from an academic adviser/ professor and the other one from someone familiar with previous work/internship experience.
For questions about the application process that are not already answered on our web site, please contact us at email@example.com .
Urgent questions can be addressed by calling one of our internship coordinators at 412-267-7625.
AID India Internship team