Stage I – Administrative Areas
FY 2020 BUDGET DEVELOPMENT (STAGE I)
INSTRUCTIONS AND BUDGET HEARING MATERIALS
I am writing to inform you that the Fiscal 2020 Stage I Budget Development process has begun. You should have already received the official memo from President Brown regarding this process. The memo and submission you prepare should explain initiatives and requests in accordance with the guiding principles detailed in his memo. I would like to highlight certain points from the President’s memo:
- New staff positions or similar funding will not be approved unless they are directly connected to critical initiatives clearly aligned with strategic priorities or to new revenue streams.
- Plan for Fiscal 2020 budgets that are flat to Fiscal 2019 levels. Requests for funding of new initiatives should be focused only on those programs that bring high value to the education and research missions of the University.
- Provide any minor or major capital improvement requests in a separate narrative included with your submissions.
- Include a written summary of no more than 5-7 pages that explains proposals in accordance with the principles enumerated earlier.
- For all areas, the Fiscal 2020 budget planning process will also coincide with the first quarter budget review for Fiscal 2019. Areas should report any material favorable or unfavorable variances to your Budget Analyst. All areas should be prepared to discuss current fiscal year issues and trends at your budget hearing
Fiscal 2020 Stage I Budget Submission– Due Monday, October 22nd
- Instructions for the online tools to be used to submit your projections are located on the Budget website. If you would like a refresher training session or are new to the online submission process please contact Maria Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Areas with non-standard templates will receive them separately.
- Please note that the Fiscal 2020 Recurring Budget is as of September 30, 2018.
All memos should be returned via e-mail to email@example.com. Please feel free to contact your Budget Analyst directly for assistance or guidance with this process.
Associate Vice President for Budget and Planning