- PhD in Speech-Language Pathology, Boston University (in progress)
- MS in Speech-Language Pathology, Boston University (2012)
- MA in English: Language & Linguistics, University of New Hampshire (2009)
- BA in English, Binghamton University (2003)
- The interplay between linguistic and cognitive processing in aphasia
- The role of cognitive processes in aphasia rehabilitation
- Intra-individual variability in task performance in aphasia
- Kiran, S., Des Roches, C., Villard, S., & Tripodis, Y. (2015). The effect of a sentence comprehension treatment on discourse comprehension in aphasia. Aphasiology.
- Villard, S. & Kiran, S. (2015). Between-session intra-individual variability in sustained, selective, and integrational attention in aphasia. Neuropsychologia, 66, 204-212. Villard & Kiran 2015
- Kiran, S., Caplan, D., Sandberg, S., Levy, J., Berardino, A., Ascenso, E., Villard, S., & Tripodis, Y. (2012). Development of a theoretically based treatment for sentence comprehension deficits in individuals with aphasia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology.
- Meier, E., Villard, S., Johnson, J., & Kiran, S. (2015, November, upcoming). Does Naming Therapy Make Ordering in a Restaurant Easier? Impairment vs. Function in Aphasia. Seminar at the American Speech-Language & Hearing Association; Denver, Colorado.
- Villard, S. & Kiran, S. (2015, October, upcoming). Now you’re with me, now you’re not: Between-session and within-session intra-individual variability in attention in aphasia. Presentation at the Academy of Aphasia; Tucson, Arizona.
Vallila-Rohter, S., Des Roches, C., Villard, S., Tripodis, Y., Caplan, D., & Kiran, S. (2015, May). Evaluating treatment and generalization patterns of two theoretically motivated sentence comprehension therapies. Presentation at the Clinical Aphasiology Conference; Monterey, California.
- Villard, S. & Kiran, S. (2014, May). Inter- and intra-individual variability in non-linguistic attention in aphasia. Poster presented at the Clinical Aphasiology Conference; St. Simons Island, Georgia. Villard CAC 2014
- Kiran, S., Caplan, D., Villard, S., Des Roches, C., Ascenso, E., & Waters, G. (2013, November). The nature of cross-task and cross-structure generalization following sentence comprehension treatment in aphasia. Poster presented at the Society for the Neurobiology of Language; San Diego, California.
- Villard, S. & Kiran, S. (2013, October). Consistency of sustained and selective non-linguistic attention in aphasia. Poster presented at the Academy of Aphasia; Lucerne, Switzerland. Villard AoA 2013
- Villard, S. & Kiran, S. A comparison of two treatments for sentence comprehension deficits in aphasia. (2012, November). Technical research presentation at the American Speech-Language-Hearing Convention; Atlanta, Georgia.
- Kiran, S., Caplan, D., Villard, S., Ascenso, E., Waters, G. (2012, October). Effects of training sentence to picture matching and object manipulation to improve sentence comprehension in aphasia: Acquisition and generalization. Poster at the Academy of Aphasia; San Francisco, California Kiran et al AoA 2012
- Villard, S. (2009, October). Postvocalic /r/ in the Upper Valley of Vermont and New Hampshire. Presentation at New Ways in Language Variation; Ottawa, Canada.
- ASHFoundation New Century Scholars Doctoral Scholarship, 2014
- Student Scholar Award, 9th Annual Eleanor M. Saffran Cognitive Neuroscience Conference, 2014
- NIDCD Research Symposium Student Fellowship at Clinical Aphasiology Conference, 2014
- Dudley Allen Sargent Research Fund Award, 2014
- Boston University Scholars Day Poster Competition, 2014: tied for First Place
- Boston University Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences Travel Award, 2013, 2012