Ting Fang Alvin Ang, M.D., M.P.H.
Research Assistant Professor of Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine
M.D., 2007, National University of Singapore
M.P.H., 2016, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health
Dr. Ang works with the Black Women’s Health Study (BWHS) and Framingham Heart Study (FHS), where his research focuses on clinical data management and epidemiology of Alzheimer’s disease (AD). His clinical experience in tertiary hospitals and overseas humanitarian missions as a physician has inspired him to pivot towards public health research, to improve current clinical guidelines and practice of neurocognitive disorders. His research primarily involves data management and analyses, where he enjoys taking an agnostic approach to tackling different scientific questions, implementing different study designs and adopting both conventional statistical and machine-learning analytic techniques. Beyond his personal research interests, he is an avid believer in team science and plays a crucial role in spearheading data-sharing efforts and advocating for open data movement.
- Ang, T. F., An, N., Ding, H., Devine, S., Auerbach, S. H., Massaro, J., … & Au, R. (2019). Using data science to diagnose and characterize heterogeneity of Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s & Dementia: Translational Research & Clinical Interventions, 5, 264-271.
- Tao, Q., Ang, T. F. A., DeCarli, C., Auerbach, S. H., Devine, S., Stein, T. D., … & Qiu, W. Q. (2018). Association of chronic low-grade inflammation with risk of Alzheimer disease in ApoE4 carriers. JAMA network open, 1(6), e183597-e183597.
- Zhu, H., Tao, Q., Ang, T. F. A., Massaro, J., Gan, Q., Salim, S., … & Auerbach, S. H. (2019). Association of Plasma Amylin Concentration With Alzheimer Disease and Brain Structure in Older Adults. JAMA network open, 2(8), e199826-e199826.
- Joshi, P. S., Heydari, M., Kannan, S., Ang, T. F. A., Qin, Q., Liu, X., … & Kolachalama, V. B. (2019). Temporal association of neuropsychological test performance using unsupervised learning reveals a distinct signature of Alzheimer’s disease status. Alzheimer’s & Dementia: Translational Research & Clinical Interventions, 5, 964-973.
- Lee, Y. H., Ang, T. F. A., Chiang, T. C., & Kaplan, W. A. (2018). Growing concerns and controversies to Taiwan’s National Health Insurance—what are the lessons from mainland China, South Korea and Singapore?. The International journal of health planning and management, 33(1), e357-e366.
- Au, R., Ritchie, M., Hardy, S., Ang, T. F. A., & Lin, H. (2019). Aging Well: Using Precision to Drive Down Costs and Increase Health Quality. Advances in geriatric medicine and research, 1.
- Lee, Y. H., Ang, T. F. A., Lin, H. C., & Chang, Y. C. (2019). Rural-urban disparities in smoking patterns among Chinese adults: a social-ecological approach. Journal of ethnicity in substance abuse, 1-16.