The Idea Incubator is a step-by-step process that helps you come up with an idea that aligns with your passions and has real-world viability.
You’ll receive a digital workbook filled with resources and activities as soon as you sign up. Once completed, you’ll be well-prepared to apply to our next-level programs, Project Action and the Innovation Pathway, where you’ll find even more support and funding opportunities.
Regardless of your field of study, this program will equip you with the tools to turn any idea into actionable plans. So whether you want to build a nonprofit, launch a startup, create a public art installation, or simply approach problems more constructively—sign up today!
The Idea Incubator is open to all students and all ideas
- You’re in the idea stage: anyone who is either looking to come up with an idea OR working on idea that needs to be further developed.
- You can be working on a project or venture (non-profit or for-profit).
What’s expected of you as a participant
- Work on your idea! Talk to customers, continue to do research, talk to your peers, faculty and staff! Consider your goals moving forward: how are you going to have the impact that you intend to have?
How do I get started with this program?
All you need to do is submit a registration form! You can find it here.
How do I make progress on my idea?
The best way to make progress is to complete each week’s activities in your workbook. Beyond that, you can:
- Attend a BUild Lab info session to learn more about all the programs that the BUild Lab offers to support you and your idea
- Attend a workshop or Pitch & Pizza event