BUild Lab IDG Capital Student Innovation Center
Centrally located on the Charles River campus, the BUild Lab IDG Capital Student Innovation Center is your on-campus collaboration space and information center.
Students and alumni are encouraged to use the BUild Lab coworking space for new ventures and collaborative projects. It’s also home to the Innovate@BU programs and staff who can point you in the right direction of innovation resources across the University and City of Boston.
Faculty and community members can also request to use the space for classes, workshops, and events.
Where to find us
The BUild Lab is open to the BU community as a collaborative space for meeting and working.
- 730 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215
- Fall hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm
- Reserve a meeting room here. Please note rooms are designated for students and alumni working on collaborative projects, events, or ventures.
- Entrance to the BUild Lab: Enter beneath the red 730 Commonwealth Ave. awning directly next to Pavement Coffee. See a detailed video.
The BUild Lab IDG Capital Student Innovation Center includes:
- 8 meeting rooms to be used for meetings, conference calls, and collaborative projects. Capacity ranges from 2-3 to 12.
- Four cubicles available on a first-come first-served basis.
- A kitchenette and eating area.
- Lockers and storage bins that can be used for storing equipment, prototypes, and supplies.
- An open coworking space with 24 hot-desks available on a first-come first-served basis.
- A large lounge area with mobile furniture that can be used for working, small meetings, events, and workshops.
While our signature programming varies throughout the year, our weekly resources are ideal for any student or alumni embarking on a new idea.
- Expert & Program Director Office Hours Weekly days and times vary. Meet with our experts-in-residence for advice on a new venture and to get connected with on- and off-campus resources. Book office hours here.
- Startup Law Clinic, formerly known as the Entrepreneurship & IP Clinic Office Hours Every Thursday, 1-5pm. Get free legal counsel and advice for a startup from the on-campus clinic. Sign-up for an appointment during their weekly BUild Lab Hours.
- In Real Life Fall 2018 Workshop Series – Every Tuesday, 5-6:30pm: Start learning innovation skills that you can use to create impact #InRealLife. Topics include design thinking, lean canvas, finance, pitching and presenting, team building, and branding. Details coming soon!