HRPI Executive Education
As the business world navigates unprecedented change, we are committed to keeping you up to date on HR trends, policy, and best-practices. The Human Resources Policy Institute is pleased to offer a suite of executive education courses.
Executive Compensation: Programs and Practices
Description: This course will provide attendees with an in-depth understanding of the structure and governance of executive compensation, global trends, and best practices. It would be beneficial for human resource, finance and legal professionals who are seeking a greater understanding of the structure and governance of executive compensation and the contextual influences shaping pay programs and practices.Register
This four-part virtual course provides an in-depth understanding of the structure and governance of executive compensation, global trends, and best practices.
Led by Charles Tharp, Professor of the Practice, Management & Organizations, this course is designed for human resource, finance, and legal professionals seeking a greater understanding of the structure and governance of executive compensation and the contextual influences shaping pay programs and practices.
Topics to be covered include:
Elements of Executive Compensation
- Determining the competitive market for executive talent
- Determining the mix of the executive pay package (cash, stock, annual and longterm incentives, executive benefits, etc.)
Governance of Executive Compensation
- Role of the board and compensation committee
- Role of external consultants and advisors to the compensation committee
- Understanding proxy disclosure and regulatory filings for executive pay
Legislation and Regulation of Executive Compensation
- Dodd-Frank Act Provisions on Executive Pay
- Say on Pay
- Pay Ratio
- Proxy Advisory Firms (ISS & Glass-Lewis)
- COVID-19 Related Impact on Executive Compensation
Special Issues in Executive Compensation
- Deferred Compensation
- Golden Parachutes and Severance
- Gender pay equity
- ESG and incentive metrics
This course provides 9 PDCs for SHRM recertification.
Course dates TBD
For specific questions about the course please contact Charles Tharp at firstname.lastname@example.org
For general questions about our executive education offerings, give us a call at 617-353-3304 or send an email to Sandy Keldsen, Assistant Director of Institute Operations, at email@example.com.