The Elizabeth Bishop Wine Resource Center
For over two decades, the Elizabeth Bishop Wine Resource Center at Boston University’s Metropolitan College has offered the Certificate Program in Wine Studies to industry professionals, graduate students, and collectors.
Certificate Program in Wine Studies
MET’s Elizabeth Bishop Wine Resource Center offers a four-level Wine Studies curriculum that provides personal enrichment and enhances wine expertise for a range of students, including:
- Industry professionals
- Consumers who wish to enjoy wine to a greater degree
- Aspiring wine collectors
- Students who want to explore wine in the broader cultural context of food and cuisine
- People whose goal is to enter the wine trade
A certificate from Boston University is provided upon successful completion of each Level 1 through 4, enhancing one’s opportunity to work in the wine industry. The knowledge obtained through these courses will prove invaluable, even for those already in the industry.
After two years of online instruction, we have returned to in-person classes. All wine certificate courses will be taught at 808 Commonwealth Ave. Students who register for a wine class will receive a link and instructions with how to access the course materials through Blackboard.
If the state of the pandemic worsens, we may have to return to remote classes. This will be determined based on the university’s Covid-19 protocols.
Please note that tuition charges will appear on your statement from vendor Ovation Tix as “TMANIA Tickets.”
- Before first class meeting: Full refund
- After first class meeting: Prorated refund (full tuition minus one class session)
- After second class meeting: Prorated refund (full tuition minus two class sessions)
- After third class meeting: No refund
Learn from Expert Instructors
With decades of experience, our faculty offer insight into multiple areas of the beverage and restaurant industries, as well as wine and food journalism.
Network with Industry Professionals
The Massachusetts beverage and restaurant trades recognize the merits of Boston University’s Wine Studies program, and those in the industry frequently hire our graduates. In addition, industry professionals often participate in advanced classes, sharing their unique perspective and providing networking opportunities.
We are pleased to offer a 25% tuition discount to those in the food, wine, and hospitality fields. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
The Wine Studies Curriculum
All students, including those already in the industry, will benefit from the expertise of instructors Beth Ann Dahan, Jacquelyn Groeper, and Ara Sarkissian.
- Level 1: Introduction to Wine
- Level 2: A Comprehensive Survey of Wine
- Level 3: Grapevine Varieties And Their Varietal Wines
- Level 4: The Wine Trade: Global, National, and Local Perspectives
For more information, contact us.