As a patient at Boston University Charles River Medical Practice, you’ll receive world-class, comprehensive care with a personal, compassionate touch. You’ll have access to family medicine, primary care, a number of specialists, and several other services right here on site, with even more available nearby. And, because we’re affiliated with Boston Medical Center, you’ll also have access to the extensive resources of a major hospital.
We’ll help you stay healthy by reminding you of preventive checkups and tests, managing chronic conditions, coordinating specialists, and more.
Best of all, you don’t even have to leave campus. Our state-of-the-art facility is just across Commonwealth Avenue from Agganis Arena.
You are the most important member of your health care team; we encourage you to take an active role. You can:
- Talk with us about your questions and concerns.
- Tell your doctors about any and all medications you take—including over-the-counter medicines—so we can help you prevent unwanted interactions.
- Call us before you go to an emergency room or hospital. If this is not possible, please let us know as soon as possible.
- When you go to an emergency room or hospital, let them know who your primary care physician (PCP) is and share information about the visit with your PCP.
- Take care of your health, and follow the self-care plan you and your health care team work out together.
We can help you live a healthier life. As a patient here, you’ll receive:
- Personalized care, because we know you and your health history
- Help navigating the health care system, so you get the care you need when you need it
- Care coordinated seamlessly between your doctor, specialists, and hospitals
- Comprehensive care supported by the latest knowledge and technology