This Program Is For
- International high school students, age 15-18
- Interested in business, innovation, or entrepreneurship
- Interested in Boston as an education destination
- Planning on applying to college or university in the United States
- Expert guest speakers on business and innovation including Boston-area entrepreneurs and professors from the BU Questrom School of Business
- Field trips to Boston-area sites of interest related to innovation such as start-up companies, pitch competitions, BU’s “BUild Lab” for collaborative innovation projects, and more
- Private meeting with the BU Board of Admissions and Boston-area university visits
- College application essay workshops and an introduction to the SAT and TOEFL
- Meeting with a panel of Boston-area international students for Q&A
- Opportunity to live on the BU campus in supervised residence halls
- Classes and workshops on topics in business, innovation, and entrepreneurship
- Communication skills training related to developing a new business idea, product, or service
- Brainstorming and developing ideas and language for the university application essay
The EducationUSA Academy at Boston University enhanced my skills to work in a diverse group as both a member and a leader. Now I have a network of friends around the world. ”
Ayham Ehab, West Bank
How to Apply
- Create an account. Follow the instructions to then create an application for Summer 2, 2023.
- Enter your personal information. Save and continue.
- On the Program Information page, select the button next to EducationUSA Academy (EN096S). Save and continue.
- Upload all required documents. Save and continue.
- Be sure that you have completed all sections. Then, pay the $60 fee and submit the application.
Students participate in a class, workshop, activity or field trip 5 days per week in the morning and afternoon, and a study hall or social activity 5 days per week in the evening. On weekends students participate in day trips for cultural and social activities in the Greater Boston Area.
Sample Weekly Schedule
|Morning||Program Orientation||Workshop: The College Essay||Class: Market Research||Class: Effective Slide Presentations||Class: International Student Panel Q&A|
|Afternoon||BU Campus Tour||BU Admissions: How Selective Admissions Works||Visit: District Hall||Visit: BUild Lab||Class: Expert Guest Speaker|
|Evening||Dinner||Dinner||Dinner||Dinner||Dinner||Assignment: Journal Writing||Activity: BU FitRec||Assignment: Visit Reflection||Assignment: College Essay Draft||Activity: Movie Night|
Days and times are approximate and subject to change throughout the year.
Visa Waiver (ESTA)
Required Proficiency Level
- Intermediate (CEFR B1) or above
- High school student, age 15-18
- Personal statement (250-500 words)
- In your personal statement, please discuss your goal to study at a U.S. college or university. How will EducationUSA Academy at Boston University help prepare you to reach this goal?
- Copy of your passport and visa
Dates & Fees
Arrival: Sunday, July 2, 2023
Class Dates: Monday, July 3 – Friday, July 21
Departure: Saturday, July 22
Application Deadline: May 21st 11:59pm ET
Program Fee: $5,490*
* Estimated amount includes Tuition, Application Fee, University Fees, Room and Meal Plan, Student Health Insurance Plan, and airport pick-up and drop-off.