Professor Emeritus, Biomedical Engineering
- Title Professor Emeritus, Biomedical Engineering
- Office SLB 313
- Email email@example.com
- Phone (617) 353-7123
- Education Ph.D., Nuclear Physics, University of Colorado
B.S., Physics, Purdue University
Temple Smith combines mathematics and computer science based methods to study both the syntactic and semantic structure of genetic information found within biomolecular sequences and structures.
- Time-calibrated viral evolutionary studies to improve understanding of HIV and Papilloma viruses.
- Markov models as applied to the prediction and modeling of protein structures.
- Development of database structures which can facilitate large-scale genome sequencing and analysis.
- BMERC Affiliated Faculty