Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Title Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Office 15 St. Mary’s Street, EMB 126
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (617) 353-2839
- Education Ph.D., Harvard University
Pirooz Vakili’s interests encompass simulation and statistical quality control, as well as stochastic processes and optimization. His research focuses on the modeling, analysis, optimization, and control of stochastic systems in applications ranging from finance, renewable energy, to computational structural biology.
- Development of efficient Monte Carlo methods to allow for performance and sensitivity evaluation and optimization for stochastic systems.
- Advancements in methods of computational finance lead to analysis and optimization of the investment process/decisions during new product development.
- Manifold optimization algorithms to improve the efficiency of sampling in both global and local (flexible) protein-protein docking simulations.
- Core BMERC Faculty