Maxim D. Frank-Kamenetskii
Professor Emeritus, Biomedical Engineering
- Title Professor Emeritus, Biomedical Engineering
- Office SLB 208
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (617) 353-8498
- Education M.Sc., Ph.D., Biophysics, Moscow Physical-Technical Institute
Sc.D. (IVth degree), Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Institute of Chemical Physics, USSR Academy of Sciences, Moscow
Maxim D. Frank-Kamenetskii’s research interests include DNA structures, DNA topology, DNA functioning and PNA (peptide nucleic acid). He and his co-workers discovered a novel DNA structure, triplex H-DNA. They also developed a comprehensive theoretical approach to treat DNA topology (i.e., knots and supercoils).
- Theoretical and experimental studies of various DNA structures, which has contributed to the understanding of DNA’s versatility pertaining to different functions in the cell.
- Development of new approaches to sequence-specific recognition of duplex DNA using the synthetic DNA analogue known as Peptide Nucleic Acid (PNA).
- BMERC Affiliated Faculty