Research Assistant Professor, Mathematics and Statistics
- Title Research Assistant Professor, Mathematics and Statistics
- Office 111 Cummington/234
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 617-358-4414
- Education Ph.D., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
M.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Julio Castrillon’s interests span across Computational Applied Mathematics (CAM), Computational Statistics (CS), Uncertainty Quantification (UQ), high dimensional stochastic Partial Differential Equations (sPDE) and Machine Learning (ML). Applications include protein-protein interactions, power systems and analysis of massive medical records.
- Fast multi-level kriging for large spatial data, which aims to tackle the challenges presented by big data sets such as increasing size, complexity and dimensionality, and thus provides solutions to scientific communities which have been moving toward data-driven research.
- Uncertainty quantification for stochastic analysis of electrical power networks, which helps to understand the stability of the electric grid given intermittent power sources such as wind, solar, battery, and arising disruptions.
- Nonequispaced fourier transform for protein-protein docking, which improves the computational complexity and storage for predicting large protein-protein docking sites.
- BMERC Affiliated Faculty