- Title Professor, Chemistry
- Office LSE 802
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 617-353-2493
- Education B.A. in Chemistry (summa cum laude, with Honors), College of the Holy Cross, 1985.
M.S. in Organic Chemistry, Yale University, 1988
Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Harvard University, 1992
John Porco and the Porco Lab use the principles of organic chemistry to develop new methodologies for synthesizing bioactive complex molecules.
- Accessing complex bioactive molecules, a critical step in drug discovery and biomedical research, via methodologies including photocycloaddition, rhodium-catalyzed dehydrogenation and atropselective total synthesis.
- Biomimetic synthesis approaches, involving method development for testing biosyntheses of natural products and derivatives.
- Translational science and collaboration, particularly with biological investigators, offers a unique opportunity to identify bioactive molecules which can then be synthesized within the lab.
- BMERC Affiliated Faculty