Research Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering CEO of Acpharis, Inc.
- Title Research Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering
CEO of Acpharis, Inc.
- Office ERB 217
- Email email@example.com
- Phone (617)358-4069
- Education Ph.D., Molecular Biophysics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow, Russia
M.Sci., Chemistry, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow, Russia
Dmitri Beglov combines computational chemistry and biology to analyze protein structure and function as well as to characterize and predict biomolecular interactions.
- Method development for macromolecule simulations helps to predict and understand both protein structure and interactions of proteins with one another, with organic molecules, and with solvent.
- The development of algorithms and force field potentials which can be used to account for the flexibility of protein structures in computational docking.
- The improvement of the energy functions of the solvent mapping program FTMap, more specifically using structure-based statistical potentials. The aim is to increase the accuracy of solvent mapping for application in early drug discovery.
- Core BMERC Faculty