Assistant Professor of Physiology & Biophysics
- Title Assistant Professor of Physiology & Biophysics
- Office 700 Albany Street, W336 Boston MA 02118
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 617.358.8486
- Education PhD, University of Connecticut
MS, Sofia University
Assen Martintchev studies the architecture of translation initiation complexes and the molecular mechanisms involved in their regulation.
- Translation initiation and regulation with particular interests in start codon selection and ribosomal subunit joining.
- Mechanistic and quantitative models of translation initiation and their use in rationally manipulating the system for treatment of metabolic disorders and diseases.
- Anti-cancer therapy by targeting mechanisms for translation initiation.
- BMERC Affiliated Faculty