Principal Investigator at Research Centre for Natural Sciences, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Title Principal Investigator at Research Centre for Natural Sciences, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Budapest University of Technology and Economics
György Keserű and the Medicinal Chemistry Research Group explore fragment-based approaches to discover potential GPCR and kinase targets as well as the chemical synthesis of small pharmaceutical molecules using the principles of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Virtual screening in medicinal chemistry and drug design with an emphasis on Fragment-Based Lead Discovery (FBLD). This approach focuses on discovering small ligand molecules that have high binding affinity for a particular region rather than the whole potentially-druggable protein.
- Physicochemical and thermodynamic profiling in drug discovery, as they pertain to ligand-protein complex formation. Improved optimization of thermodynamic profiles is critical for drug candidate design and early phase optimization in the medicinal chemistry field.
- BMERC Affiliated Faculty