The Seoul National University Exchange in South Korea offers BU Questrom School of Business students the opportunity to study at Seoul National University, Korea’s premier educational and research center. Offered during the spring semester only, Questrom students will study in one of the world’s top financial and commercial centers. During their time in Seoul, students will have the option to live on campus in dorms, although space is limited. Interested students should refer to Questrom’s lists of pre-approved courses before applying.
Requirements & Considerations
- All students must enroll according to, and remain in compliance with, the Boston University Study Abroad Course Load Policy.
- Boston University Questrom students only
- SNU’s admission criteria require study abroad students to have an overall GPA minimum of 3.0. Students with a GPA below 3.0 may be considered on a case-by-case basis and should contact BU Study Abroad before applying.
- Admission requirements for all programs
- Two courses approved by Questrom as Questrom-equivalent courses (3 credits each)
- Culture and Social Transformation of Contemporary Korea (3)
- Two or three elective courses (may be additional Questrom equivalent courses) (3 credits each)
Students should refer to Questrom’s lists of pre-approved courses before applying.
Housing & Student Services
- University housing is available but not guaranteed to exchange students
- Apartments; SNU provides some guidance to students that prefer to live off campus or who are not allocated to university housing
- Room set-up: double rooms in shared apartments
- All NUS residences are fully furnished; kitchens are equipped with basic utensils
- Housing is paid directly to SNU; board is not included
- University dining facilities available; no meal plans, pay per meal
- Laundry available in each residence
- Spring: September 15
Review of applications will begin according to the following timetable. Notification of admission begins after the application deadline.
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2021/2022 Tuition and Fees: $29,508
Cost includes tuition, overseas medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage
- Budget sheet, including cost of living expenses.
- Grants and Scholarships available