Boston University students have the opportunity to study for a semester or an academic year at the Nanyang Technological University, recognized as one of the fastest-rising universities in the world. BU students can choose from a variety of courses in the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (HASS). HASS is widely recognized as one of the best journalism and media schools in Asia and also provides high-quality opportunities for BU students interested in the humanities, art and design, social sciences, and more. During their time in Singapore, students have the option to live in NTU residence halls.
Requirements & Considerations
Students can browse courses available to exchange students at NTU.
Housing & Student Services
- University housing will be guaranteed to exchange students who submit the online housing application before the deadline
- Students who choose not to apply for, or are otherwise not assigned university housing must make their own private housing arrangements
- Single or double rooms; shared bathrooms and common areas
- All NTU residences are fully furnished
- Housing is paid directly to NTU; board is not included
- University dining facilities available; no meal plans, pay per meal
- Laundry available in each residence
- Fall Semester: early August to early December
- Spring Semester: mid-January to early May
- Academic Year: early August to early May
Program participants will be notified of any changes to the program calendar.
- Applications Open December 15
- Applications Deadline March 15
- Applications Open June 1
- Applications Deadline September 1
This program is not on a rolling admissions cycle. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials have been received by the BU Study Abroad office by the application deadline. Decisions will not be made until after the application deadline. Applicants will receive their decision via email.
Information on other programs that do not follow a rolling admissions cycle and information for BU Students Awaiting an Admissions Decision can be found here.
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2023/2024 Tuition: $32,144
Cost includes tuition, overseas medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage
- Estimated program budget, including cost of living expenses
- Grants and Scholarships available