The Milan Bocconi University Exchange program will provide students with the opportunity to spend a semester or an academic year directly enrolled at the Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi (The Bocconi University or UNI-BOCCONI) in Milan, Italy. The program begins with an intensive three- to four-week Italian language course before start of the Bocconi semester. This non-credit course is offered at the beginning, intermediate, post-intermediate, and advanced levels. Following the course, students can choose from a wide range of business and economics courses offered in English. During their time in Italy, students can arrange to stay in Bocconi residence halls.
Requirements & Considerations
Questrom students: Please refer to Questrom’s lists of pre-approved courses and note that this program does not include an internship.
Housing & Student Services
- University housing is available but not guaranteed to exchange students. Students may opt to live in private housing. Bocconi provides resources and guidance in obtaining private housing for those who do not receive university housing.
- Residence halls with single rooms or shared apartments; located on or near campus
- Room set-up: single rooms with shared kitchen and common areas
- All Bocconi residences are fully furnished, and the kitchens are equipped with basic utensils
- Housing is paid directly to Bocconi; Board is not included
- University dining facilities available; no meal plans, pay per meal
- Laundry available in each residence
- Fall Semester: late August to late December
- Spring Semester: late January to early June
- Academic Year: mid September to mid June
- Fall Semester: March 15
- Spring Semester: September 1
This program is not on a rolling admissions cycle. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials have been received by the BU Study Abroad office by the application deadline. Decisions will not be made until after the application deadline. Applicants will receive their decision via email.
Information on other programs that do not follow a rolling admissions cycle and information for BU Students Awaiting an Admissions Decision can be found here.
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2022/2023 Tuition: $30,762 per semester
Cost includes tuition, overseas medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage.
- Estimated program budget, including cost of living expenses.
- Grants and Scholarships available.