Ayse Kivilcim Coskun
Electrical and Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
8 St. Mary’s St.
acoskun at bu.edu
Ayse Coskun’s “green” computing research at BU refers to environmentally sustainable computing, particularly to the study and practice of designing, manufacturing, and using computing resources –within a wide range from small embedded computing devices to large scale clusters, datacenters, and cloud computing– efficiently and effectively with substantially lower energy costs than today and with minimal impact on the environment.
Prof. Coskun’s research focuses on developing dynamic energy and thermal management techniques and novel computer architectures that are targeted at reducing the energy consumption and the thermal problems at chip-level and at system/datacenter level, while providing high reliability and maintaining the performance capacity at the same time.
Some of the specific areas of interest are designing energy and thermal management techniques for high-performance multicore architectures, 3D stacked systems, and developing highly efficient cooling infrastructures and algorithms.
- Temperature and energy management
- Green computing
- 3D stacked architectures
- Reliability analysis and optimization
- Computer architecture
- Embedded system
EC535 Introduction to Embedded Systems
- Ayse K. Coskun, Tajana Rosing and Kenny Gross. “Utilizing Predictors for Efficient Thermal Management in Multiprocessor SoCs”. In IEEE Transactions on CAD, vol.28 no.10, pp. 1503-1516, Oct. 2009.
- Ayse K. Coskun, Richard Strong, Dean Tullsen and Tajana Rosing. “Evaluating the Impact of Job Scheduling and Power Management on Processor Lifetime for Chip Multiprocessors.” SIGMETRICS/Performance 2009–Joint International Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems, pp.169-180, 2009.
- Ayse K. Coskun, Tajana Simunic Rosing, Jose Ayala, David Atienza and Yusuf Leblebici. “Dynamic Thermal Management in 3D Multicore Architectures.” Proceedings of Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE), pp. 1410-1415, 2009.
- Ayse K. Coskun, Tajana Simunic Rosing, Keith Whisnant and Kenny Gross. “Static and Dynamic Temperature-Aware Scheduling for Multiprocessor SoCs.” IEEE Transactions on VLSI, vol.16 no.9, pp. 1127-1140, Sept. 2008.
- Ayse K. Coskun, Tajana Simunic Rosing and Kenny Gross. “Proactive Temperature Balancing for Low Cost Thermal Management in MPSoCs.” Proceedings of International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD), pp. 250-257, 2008
See Ayse Coskun’s personal website for more information.