- 09/2009 – 06/2012 Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Beijing, P.R. China
M.Eng. in Computer Application and Technology, Center for Space Science and Applied Research
- 09/2005 – 07/2009 Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST), Wuhan, P.R. China
B.Eng. in Automation, Dept. of Control Science and Engineering
General GPA: 86.84/100, 3.73/4 RANK: Top 5%
- Pei Luo, Jian Zhang, “SEU Mitigation Strategies for SRAM-based FPGA”, the 4th International Symposium on Photoelectronic Detection and Imaging, Beijing China, May 2011.
- Pei Luo, Guofeng Xue, Jian Zhang, Xunfeng Zhao, “A Kind Of High Reliability On-board Computer”, 2011 2nd International Congress on Computer Applications and Computational Science, Bali Indonesia, November 2011.
- Pei Luo, Guofeng Xue, “Ground-Testing System for Space Equipment Based On USB Wire”, Modern Electronic Technique, Vol. 34, No. 10, pp.123-126, 2011.
- Pei Luo, Jian Zhang, “A High Reliable SOC On-board Computer based on Leon3”, 2012 IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Automation Engineering, Zhangjiajie China, May 2012.
- High Speed Data Acquisition and Analysis System Based on Vistex-5 FPGA 06/2012 – 08/2012
Designed the hardware system based on PCIe/104 and Virtex-5 FPGA.
Devised the whole data acquisition and analysis system architecture.
Implemented PCIE and DDR2 to transfer and store the data rapidly.
- Reconfigurable High Speed Atomic Force Microscopy System 03/2011 – 07/2012
Developed the DSP and FPGA software of the whole system.
Devised Ping-Pong buffer and DMA to accelerate the acquisition speed.
Implemented filter in FPGA to improve the precision of the acquisition system.
- High Reliable SOC System Based on Leon3 Processor Core 05/2011 – 12/2011
Developed the hardware of the SOC system for Leon3 based on Virtex4 and ProASICPlus FPGAs.
Deeply studied the SPARC V8 architecture and realized Leon3 processor on the system.
Implemented Triple Module Redundancy and scrubbing of SRAM-based FPGAs to make the design reliable.
- Data Acquisition & Encryption Satellite Payload System 09/2010 – 11/2010
Designed the hardware of the system, capable of dealing with the high speed data efficiently.
Studied the anti-SEU strategies for SRAM-based FPGAs and implemented them in the design.
- Reconfigurable Ground-testing System for SPARC V7 & V8 On-board Computer 06/2010 – 07/2010
Devised the system based on FPGA to test the computers based on SPARC V7&V8 processors conveniently.
Applied to three important projects and tested the on-board computers successfully.
- VxWorks Operating System for On-board Computer System Based On AT697 07/2010 – 08/2010
Wrote the high reliable boot loader, ported the VxWorks OS to the system.
Studied the software anti-SEU strategies and applied them in this design.
- On-board Computer System Based on ERC32 04/2010 – 06/2010
Designed the reliable, fault tolerant hardware system based on SPARC V7 structure processor ERC32.
Devised the high reliable Boot Loader which can boot the OS in different ways.
Ported the VxWorks OS to the system and deeply studied it, wrote the test programs.
- Reconfigurable ground-testing System for Space Equipment Based on USB2.0Wire 03/2010 – 05/2010
Worked in a two-person group and designed the reconfigurable system to test different equipments based on USB2.0 and FPGA, successfully used in the testing of three following important projects.
Studied the USB2.0 wire and developed the system which can test different kinds of interfaces, used DMA and Ping-Pong strategies to accelerate the processing speed of the system.
- High-power D Class Acoustic Amplifier System 12/2009 – 01/2010
Worked in a two-person group and developed the system for Institute of Acoustics, CAS.
Successfully devised the system with the merits of high efficiency, low noise and high power.
Used in following ultrasonic wave research and several related projects.
- Data Acquisition and Analysis System for Aluminum Electrolyzing Factory 07/2009 – 08/2009
Worked in a two-person group and developed the convenient handheld data acquisition and analysis equipment with the characteristics of high precision and high efficiency.
Learned the strategies of acquisition and amplification of weak signals under complex electromagnetic environment and used them in my design to deal with the weak signals in the factory.
Successfully used in aluminum electrolyzing factories to monitor the electrolyzing process.
- Intelligent car based on μcos-ii 11/2008 – 12/2008
Studied the μcos-ii operating system and ported it to the Renesas M16C-62A micro controller.
- An Intelligent Chatting & Nursing Robot for Children 02/2008 – 06/2008
Worked in a three-person group and developed the whole system for Intel Cup Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest – Embedded System Design Invitational Contest, won the second prize.
Studied the speech recognition & synthesis, natural language understanding, GPRS and web information mining technologies and applied them in the design. Successfully developed the system which can communicate with children in simple language and take care of them when caregivers absent.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Zhuhai Longtec Ltd. Scholarship of 2008 (15/1400). 11/2008
- China Instrument and Control Society Scholarship of 2008-2009 (3/1400). 11/2008
- Intel Cup Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest – Embedded System Design Invitational Contest, the second prize. 08/2008
- Actions Semiconductor Cup Embedded System Design Contest, HUST, the first prize. 05/2008
- Tianyu Information Industry Cup Software Design Contest, HUST, the third prize. 03/2008
- Sony Cup National Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest, the second prize of Hubei Province of P.R. China. 09/2007
- Excellent Graduate of HUST. 06/2009
- People’s Scholarship. 2006/2007/2008
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, Boston University 09/2012 — 12/2012
Teaching Assiant, EC450 Microprocessor
Teach the students of coding and debuging on MSP430
- Electrical & Electronic Innovation Center (EEIC), HUST 07/2009 – 08/2009
Instructor, embedded system technology class
Taught basic embedded system knowledge, created assignments and evaluated students’ performance
- Engineering Training Center, HUST 08/2009 – 09/2009
Co- instructor, embedded system technology class
Prepared and taught the experiments and evaluated students’ performances
- Electrical & Electronic Innovation Center (EEIC), HUST 07/2009 – 09/2009
Teaching assistant, training class for National Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest
Instructed the students in Grade Two & Three, evaluated the students’ performance
- Electrical & Electronic Innovation Center (EEIC), HUST 07/2008 – 09/2008
Teaching assistant, training class for Hubei Province Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest
Instructed the students in Grade Two, evaluated the students’ performances and gave suggestions