Richard Liskov, Lecturer in the Certificate in Financial Services Compliance Program, will speak on current Issues in insurance regulation on Friday April 12 from noon to 1 PM. In Room 102. Mr. Liskov is Senior Counsel at Crowell & Moring LLP and formerly served as Deputy Superintendent and General Counsel of the New York State Insurance Department and as an Assistant Attorney General of the State of New York.
Among the topics he will cover, and answer questions on, are:
• Cybersecurity regulation affecting insurers and insurance producers, and the need for uniform nationwide rules
• How state insurance regulators are grappling with the advent of technological change, such as blockchain
• Why the federal government is limiting the discretion of state insurance regulators over regulation of reinsurance
• The fate of “Obamacare”, and
• Why improving insurance literacy is a crucial regulatory task