Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Title Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education PhD, Northwestern University
Precision medicine has transformative impact in managing heterogeneous disorders including cancer, metabolic, and neurological diseases. At the living interface of precision engineering and health, the Hao laboratory will develop molecular and cellular tools to precisely track and control disease biology in intact organisms. Our specific research interests include (1) noninvasive disease detection and treatment monitoring at the Point-of-Care, (2) tissue-specific transcriptome engineering, and (3) multimodal systemic imaging. These projects will shed light on the dynamic interplay of diseased cells and their microenvironment. We seek to use these insights to address grand challenges of getting precision medicine into healthcare practice such as comorbidities, timely interventions, and access in low-resource areas.
- Research Areas
- Bioengineering, Biomaterials, Biomedical/Disease, Cancer Biology, Chemical Biology, Extracellular Matrix, Imaging, Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, and Systems Biology
- Biomedical Engineering and Faculty