Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Title Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Ph.D., Computational Neuroscience, MIT
B.S., Computer and Electrical Engineering, UC Davis
Dr. Galagan’s research is focused on Systems Biology of microbial organisms, specficially Mycobacterium tuberculosis – the causative agent of tuberculosis – and the fungus Neurospora crassa. The Galagan Lab is an interdisciplinary group that combines computational biology, genomics, and experimental lab work. Specific interests and projects include:
- Using a genomics, computational modeling, and experimental systems-identification techniques to reconstruct the gene regulatory network of M. tuberculosis.
- Developing and experimentally validating computational models of microbial metabolism forM. tuberculosis and N. crassa.
- Using high-throughput sequencing and comparative sequence analysis to study the functional evolution of M. tuberculosis.
- Developing computational methods for genomic data analysis (including gene prediction, gene expression analysis, and polymorphism discovery)
- Developing experimental methods for microbial systems identification and analysis, drawing on electrical and mechanical systems identification methods.
- Research Areas
- Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Biological Networks, Biomedical/Disease, Microbiology, Molecular Genetics & Genomics, Systems Biology, and Transcriptional Regulation
- Biomedical Engineering and Faculty