- Be very careful with Convenience Point spending. Think of Convenience Points like you think of room service in a hotel. Yes, it is convenient, but it can add up. If you charge them to your student account, just like a charge on your credit card, you will have to pay them off.
- Avoid impulse buying. When you want to buy something, wait one week. Ask yourself if you actually need this item. If you are still thinking about the item after one week, then perhaps you should buy it, if you can pay in cash. If you forget about it, then maybe it wasn’t that important.
- Get organized. Always shop from a list. This avoids forgetting important items and having to make a second trip and helps you to resist impulse buying.
- Eat out less often and cook for yourself. Try online recipe finders for great healthy meals. Cooking your own food can save you more than $100 a month!
- Never pay full price if you can avoid it. Shop at discount stores, second hand boutiques and bargain outlets.