- Be very careful with Convenience Point spending. Think of Convenience Points like you think of room service in a hotel. Yes, it is convenient, but it adds up and you will have to pay it all off before the end of the semester.
- Be very careful of impulse buying. When you want to buy something, wait one week. Ask yourself if you actually need this item. If you are still thinking about the item after one week, then you can buy it if you can pay cash. If you forget about it, then it wasn’t that important.
- Get organized. Always shop from a list. This avoids forgetting important items and having to make a second trip and helps you to resist impulse buying. For grocery store coupons try WOW Coupons, Grocery Coupons.
- Eat out less often and cook for yourself. Try online recipe finders for great healthy meals. Cooking your own food can save you more than $100 a month! Check out: Food Network, YouTube.
- Never pay full price if you can avoid it. Shop at discount stores, second hand boutiques and bargain outlets. Avoid impulse buying; plan your purchases in advance.