MET IT offers a virtual lab environment to provide students with remote access to course-specific software. To get access to virtual labs the instructor needs to send a request for all students in class via email to METIT@BU.EDU or complete the following FORM.
The following software is currently available in the virtual labs:
MS Excel 2013; MS Project 2013, SPSS v.22, ArcGIS.
How To Access MET Virtual Labs
1.Download the VMWare View Client from https://www.vmware.com/go/viewclients ;
Client for Windows 32-bit Client for Windows 64-bit Client for MAC
2. Once client downloaded, start it and put https://met-vdi.bu.edu as a “Connection Server” name.
3. Login using your BU login name and password and put AD for the “Domain” name.
4. Once logged in each student will have a virtual lab “MET-VLAB” available for individual use.
5. Click Connect to start your virtual lab.
Please note: all files created on local drive (C:) or desktop in virtual lab will not be retained after you logoff.
To save your work, you can use MyFiles (M:) drive, a USB drive, or email files using any web email client.
– Instructions to access MyFiles from outside virtual labs
– Files also can be saved/transferred to a USB drive that can be connected to Virtual Lab using VMware View client top menu bar.
– You can print all files created in virtual lab to any printer connected to your physical computer.
To get help: 617-353-HELP (4357) or ITHELP@bu.edu and indicate that it is a VDI Desktop